History & Achievenments
 
In January 2011
In January 2011, the new maternal and child health care building was put into service.
   
In 2004
In 2004 and 2011: Successfully passed the review of Grade-A Class-three MCH hospital of Jiangsu province
   
In 2003
In 2003: Became an affiliated hospital of Nanjing Medical University
   
In 1997
In 1997: Passed the appraisal and became the first Grade-A Class-three MCH hospital of Jiangsu province
   
In 1992
In 1992: Created a national baby-friendly hospital
   
In 1954
In 1954, the maternity hospital of National Senior Central Midwifery School (later renamed East China Midwifery School, Nanjing First Midwifery School) merged with Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Care Hospital. The midwifery school broke down and involved maternity and children specialty and specialization of diagnosis and health care. Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Care Hospital Nanjing marched towards “Maternal and child specialist home”.
   
In 1949
In 1949, the first caesarean section was carried out, which marked a new stage of the development of our obstetric technology. Scientific bearing of women and their families was advocated and promoted. – Starting of “scientific bearing home”
   
In 1936
In 1936, National Senior Central Midwifery School opened a maternity hospital. After rigorous learning, professional midwives practiced normalized delivery and provided pregnant women with professional services. —— Early "midwifery practice and training home”
   
In 1934
In 1934, the KMT government founded National Senior Central Midwifery School, which gave birth to many batches of midwives, an early career in China. —— Early “midwifery training home”